Commander, Navy Region Mid-Atlantic Logo Commander, Navy Region Mid-Atlantic
Commander, Navy Installations Command
  Find Your Region or Installation

Applying for Housing

You can apply for housing at any time, however your application cannot be fully processed until you have provided all of the required documents (see below).  You can apply for housing in person at a Navy Housing Support Center (HSC), over the phone, fax, email or mail. 

Qualification for Military Family Housing is:

Active duty military personnel with dependents (Navy, Marine Corps, Army, Air Force, Coast Guard and National Guard) are the primary residents of family privatized housing.  Unaccompanied personnel are eligible to apply for family housing however they are a lower priority than families.

If you desire to live in privatized housing or are considering it, the local HSC will process the housing application and refer you to the private property management company that manges the privatized housing units. 

In order to apply, you are required to provide the following documents to the HSC:

                NAVPERS 1070/602, Dependency Application/Record of Emergency Data Form  (USN: Page 2; USMC, USA    &   USAF: DD Form 93; USCG: 4170)

                DD1172: Application for Uniformed Services Identification Card, DEERS Enrollment

                Custody papers (for dependent children residing in home for at least 6 months)

  • Dual Military: Provide documentation (orders & page2) for spouse
  • Proof of Pregnancy with estimated due date noted by doctor
  • Power of Attorney (required if spouse or representative is completing application)


There are several ways to receive information about privatized housing.

  • Obtain Hot Sheets:  each privatized partner provides a hot seat of available units and special incentives for each installation. Refer to any HSC to obtain the most recent hot sheet for your area of interest.
  • Follow the link to the PPV Partner webpages,  You can receive contact information to each location as well as see what is available.
  • To receive advance information about privatized housing at a prospective duty station, Service Members have the option to submit an advance housing application using the Housing Early Application Tool (HEAT); this tool will interact with the HSC who will share your information with the local partner if you choose that option on the form.

Share This Page