|JEB Little Creek SLO|||||JEB Fort Story SLO|
The School Liaison Officer is the primary point of contact between the military installation, the local schools and school districts, transitioning families and the community at large. The School Liaison Officer can provide support in the following areas:
- Assisting families with school transfers and helping to "level the playing field" for military children and youth.
- Connecting educators with the Navy deployment support system to inform them about cycles of deployment and tools that are available to assist educators when working with Navy children.
- Serving as subject matter experts for installation commanders on K-12 issues, helping to connect command, school and community resources.
- Offering support to exceptional military families with children who have special needs by providing assistance in making referrals, and in privacy, policy and state and federal regulation matters.
- Assisting Navy families involved in home schooling by sharing information and resources on issues, policies and legislation and leveraging Navy Child and Youth Program resources to assist families who have chosen the home-schooling pathway for their children.
- Creating a volunteer network of resources to support installation and community members
who have a vested interest in the success of all youth.
- Working` with installation and school leaders to provide graduating military students with access to post-secondary information and opportunities.