The Fire Chief is the civilian department head and serves as the subject matter expert and technical advisor to the Commanding Officer on all fire protection matters.
The Fire Department provides fire protection, emergency medical transport and fire prevention services for Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story. The Fire Department consists of the Operations and Support Services Divisions. Emergency response is provided 24 / 7 by two staffed engines and a soon to be staffed and a currently crossed staffed ambulance for emergency medical transport.
The operations branch responded to 1141 emergency responses in Calendar year 07 on base as well as provided 314 mutual aid responses to the cities of Norfolk and Virginia Beach.
The following are the public education and fire inspection counts for Fiscal Year 2007 by support services.
General Contact Number: 757-462-3038
1) 100 lectures with 3839 people in attendance.
2) 57 Fire Extinguisher Classes with 2174 people in attendance,
3) 140 Fire Drills affecting 7920 people.
4) 20 Home fire Safety Classes with 854 people in attendance.
5) 5 Holiday Fire Safety Classes with 388 people in attendance.
6) 5 Community Events - (on Base) with 569 people in attendance.
1) 333 monthly fire inspections were conducted
2) 408 Bi-monthly fire inspections were conducted.
3) 300 quarterly fire inspections were conducted.
4) 520 semi annual fire inspections were conducted.
5) A total of 11561 fire inspections were conducted for fiscal year 2007 at Little Creek.