The Housing Service Center (HSC) staff is ready to assist unaccompanied personnel reporting to Naval Air Station (NAS) Oceana, Dam Neck Annex, and will help to determine housing eligibility and options.
Navy Housing for Unaccompanied Personnel
HSC, unaccompanied housing (UH) at NAS Oceana has 13 buildings with 873 rooms that include 1,746 beds. Dam Neck Annex has 3 buildings with 497 rooms that include 1,100 beds. They are all fully furnished, to include refrigerator with freezer and microwave. Other amenities include: laundry facility for each building, lounges that are fully furnished with flat screen TV. WIFI is available in all the common areas. Each building has its own unique floorplan, all of which include a common area that is shared by two. There are outdoor gazebos with grills. Some buildings have either a volleyball court or basketball court.
Dam Neck is primarily a school command servicing the following two major commands: TSC (A, C, D & F School) and NMITC (Navy & Marine Intel Schools - A & C).
There is no unaccompanied personnel Public-Private Venture (PPV) housing at NAS Oceana.
Depending on your assignment status (shore duty, sea duty, student, etc.) and pay grade, your options may include Navy UH or housing in the local community.
- Sea and shore duty personnel within pay grades E1-E3 and E4 (with less than 4 years’ service) can expect to reside in permanent party UH if stationed at NAS Oceana or if orders are to Dam Neck Annex, personnel will reside in student quarters at Dam Neck.
- Based on local conditions 50 to 75 percent of E4 with more than 4 years of service may be housed in UH.
- Students will reside in one of our student housing facilities.
- More senior personnel are expected to reside in the local community.
- UH are government-owned and managed housing. Eligibility is based on your pay grade and basic allowance for housing (BAH) Entitlement.
UH Unit Qualities:
- Comfortable, fully-furnished.
- Clean, safe and secure housing.
- Location, location, location:
- Close to Work (no traffic).
- Base recreation.
- Additional installation support services.
- No - Rent fees.
- Fees - Utilities, cable, internet and land line (if needed). Note: BAH [or Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA)] will stop.
- UH moving information.
The HSC offers a full range of housing options if interested in renting or purchasing. Be sure to check in with the HSC, Norfolk, VA, for all of the latest information, listings and assistance. The HSC will assist you in locating appropriate rental housing to meets your needs and provides protection from leases and avoiding discrimination with your housing agreement.
The HSC works closely with landlords and property managers in the community which lead to the Rental Partnership Program (RPP). There are many advantages renting within the RPP including: properties inspected by the HSC, reduced or no security deposits, payment by allotment and discounts on rent. When you are authorized to live in the local community, you will draw BAH (or OHA). The HSC also has information on local community housing.
UH PPV is a partnership between the government and a private management company. The private partner manages and operates the facilities with government oversight. Our facilities are comparable to some of the best available in the local community. When you live in UH PPV, a signed lease is needed, draw BAH and pay rent by allotment.