Family & Community Housing
Navy Housing ServiceCenter
1596 Tomcat Blvd. Bldg. 280
Virginia Beach, VA 23460
Hours: Mon-Fri 0730-1600
Commercial: (757) 433-3368/3268 Fax: (757) 433-3310
Unaccompanied Housing (UH)
Commercial: (757) 445-7800
HOMES.mil is a new official Department of Defense (DoD) website dedicated to helping Service Members, Families and DoD civilians find housing. Listings for Naval Air Station (NAS) Oceana can be found on HOMES.mil under Hampton Roads.
Customers receive an array of housing assistance to help simplify their home search. Services include the following:
- Permanent change of station (PCS) housing check-in.
- Process Public-Private Venture (PPV) housing applications and make assignments.
- Maintain a current housing wait list.
- Rental Partnership Program (RPP) assistance for housing on the economy at reduced rent.
- Extensive available property list from various combined military and civilian resources.
- Lease and purchase agreement counseling.
- Counseling for special needs.
- How to buy, sell or manage property workshops. These informative workshops are scheduled routinely.
- Landlord/tenant counseling and mediation to help resolve complaints.
- Telephones, photocopy and facsimile machines are available without charge.
- Library containing departure housing information to help Service Members and their families plan for a new duty station.
<>Estimated Wait Times for Family Housing (# of Months)
<>Average Community (Off-Base) Housing Costs - Rentals
<>Average Community (Off-Base) Housing Costs - Purchase
The Housing Service Center (HSC) UH at NAS Oceana has 13 buildings with 873 rooms that include 1,746 beds. Dam Neck Annex has 3 buildings with 497 rooms that include 1,100 beds. They are all fully furnished, to include a refrigerator with freezer and microwave. Other amenities include: laundry facility for each building, lounges that are fully furnished with a flat screen TV. WIFI is available in all the common areas. Each building has its own unique floorplan all of which include a common area that is shared by two. There are outdoor gazebos with grills. Some buildings have either a volleyball court or basketball court.
Dam Neck is primarily a school command servicing the following 2 major commands: TSC (A, C, D & F School) and NMITC (Navy & Marine Intel Schools - A & C).
- Depending on your assignment status (shore duty, sea duty, student, etc.) and pay grade, your options may include Navy UH or housing in the local community.
- Sea and shore duty personnel within pay grades E1-E3 and E4 (with less than 4 years’ service) can expect to reside in permanent party UH if stationed at NAS Oceana, or if orders are to Dam Neck Annex, personnel will reside in student quarters at Dam Neck.
- Based on local conditions 50 to 75 percent of E4 with more than 4 years of service may be housed in UH.
- Students will reside in one of our student housing facilities.
- More senior personnel are expected to reside in the local community.
UH are government-owned and managed housing. Eligibility is based on your pay grade and basic allowance for housing (BAH) entitlement.
UH units quantities:
- Comfortable, fully-furnished.
- Clean, safe and secure housing.
- Location, location, location:
- Close to work (no traffic).
- Base recreation.
- Additional installation support services.
- No - Rent fees.
- Fees - Utilities, cable, internet and land line (if needed). Note: BAH [or overseas housing allowance (OHA)] will stop.
- UH moving information.