Family & Community Housing
Navy Housing ServiceCenter
1596 Tomcat Blvd. Bldg. 280
Virginia Beach, VA 23460
Hours: Mon-Fri 0730-1600
Commercial: (757) 433-3368/3268 Fax: (757) 433-3310
Unaccompanied Personnel Housing (UPH)
Commercial: (757) 445-7800
HOMES.mil is a new official Department of Defense (DoD) website, dedicated to helping Service members, Families, and DoD civilians find housing. Listings for NAS Oceana can be found on HOMES.mil under Hampton Roads.
Customers receive an array of housing assistance to help simplify their home search. Services include the following:
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) housing check-in.
- Process PPVhousing applications and make assignments.
- Maintain a current housing wait
- Rental Partnership Program assistance for housing on the economy at reduced rent.
- Extensive available property list from various combined military and civilian resources.
- Lease and purchase agreement counseling.
- Counseling for special needs.
- How to buy, sell, or manage property workshops. These informative workshops are scheduled routinely.
- Landlord/tenant counseling and mediation to help resolve complaints.
- Telephones, photocopy, and facsimile machines are available without charge.
- Library containing departure housing information to help members and their families plan for a new duty station.
<>Estimated Wait Times for Family Housing (# of Months)
<>Average Community (Off-Base) Housing Costs - Rentals
<>Average Community (Off-Base) Housing Costs - Purchase
Unaccompanied Personnel Housing (UPH) Overview
HSC, Unaccompanied Housing at NAS Oceana, has 13 buildings with 873 rooms that include 1,746 beds. Dam Neck Annex has 3 buildings with 497 rooms that include 1,100 beds. They are all fully furnished, to include refrigerator/freezer and microwave. Other amenities
Dam Neck is primarily a school command servicing the following 2 major commands: TSC (A, C, D & F School) and NMITC (Navy & Marine Intel Schools - A & C).
- Depending on your assignment status (shore duty, sea duty, student, etc.) and pay grade, your options may include Navy Unaccompanied Housing (UH) or housing in the local community.
- Sea and shore duty personnel within pay grades E1-E3 and E4 (with less than four years’ service) can expect to reside in permanent party UH if stationed at NAS Oceana or if orders are to Dam Neck Annex, personnel will reside in student quarters at Dam Neck.
- Based on local conditions 50 to 75 percent of E4 with more than four years of service may be housed in UH.
- Students will reside in one of our student housing facilities.
- More senior personnel are expected to reside in the local community.
- Comfortable, fully-furnished
- Clean, safe, and secure housing
- Location, location, location:
- Close to Work (no traffic)
- Additional Installation support services
- No - Rent fees
- Fees - Utilities, Cable, Internet, and
Land line (if needed) Note: Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) [or Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA)] will stop. UH moving information.