Applying for Housing

All officers and enlisted personnel with accompanying dependents are eligible to apply. However, Public-Private Venture (PPV) homes are limited and must be applied for through the Naval Submarine Base (NSB) New London Housing Service Center. 

Navy, Marine Corps, Army, Air Force, United States Coast Guard and National Guard members are eligible.

In order to apply, you are required to have the following:

  1. DD Form 1746 (Application for Assignment to Housing).
    Sex Offender Disclosure (SOD) Form
    Courtesy Move Entitlement Form
    Information Release Form
    Additional Information Form for DD1746
  2. A copy of orders showing your detachment dates (detaching endorsment or approved transfer date).
  3. Certification of bona fide family members.  Examples of acceptable forms of documentation are the NAVPERS 1070/602 (Page-2) for Navy and the DD Form 93 (RED) for Army, Air Force and Marines.  Coast Guard personnel will use the CG-4107A (BAH/Dependency Worksheet).

    If you plan to have your spouse sign for you they will need a special power of attorney giving authority to conduct real estate transactions for you.


Eligibility is determined by your paygrade and the number of dependents who will reside in the home 6 consecutive months out of the year.

Application may be made in person or submitted by mail, fax or email.  Those not submitted in person must be confirmed within 30 days of reporting.  By submitting your application to our office you are authorizing us to release some of your personal identifiable information to our PPV partner to assist you for PPV housing.

If you have any questions regarding your housing needs, please contact us.


Receive housing information faster by using the Housing Early Assistance Tool - HEAT

Share This Page

This is an Official US Navy Website
Switch to Full Site
Switch to Mobile Site