The Housing Service Center (HSC) unaccompanied uousing (UH) staff is ready to assist unaccompanied personnel reporting to Naval Submarine Base (NSB) New London and will assist in determining eligibility, options and locating acceptable housing. The HSC has a number of excellent housing choices and services.
Navy Housing for Unaccompanied Personnel
NSB New London UH has 8 buildings, 997 permanent party rooms and 1,892 beds. UH is government-owned and Navy managed. Elibility is based on your pay grade and basic allowance for housing (BAH) entitlement. The rooms are fully furnished with amenities such as:
- Free WIFI.
- George Forman grills.
- Full size refrigerator.
- Iron and ironing board.
- Linen provided at check-in.
Depending on your assignment status and pay grade, your options may include Navy UH or housing in the local community. Unaccompanied Service Members who are E1-E3 permanently attached to both shore and sea duty will reside in the barracks.
- Unaccompanied Service Members who are E4 with over 4 years on shore duty are authorized to reside in the local community and BAH entitled.
- A member in grade E4, who has no dependents and is assigned to permanent (sea) duty aboard a ship, cannot elect to not occupy assigned shipboard government housing and receive BAH.
- Single E5 and above are not housed in the barracks
- More senior personnel are expected to reside in the local community.
- Geographic bachelors (GB) requesting hardship must contact the HSC UH front desk representative.
UH Unit Qualities:
- Clean, safe and secure housing.
- Comfortable, fully-furnished.
- Location, location, location:
• Close to work (no traffic).
• Base recreation.
• Additional installation support services.
- No - Rent fees.
- Fees - Utilities, cable, internet and land line (if needed). Note: BAH will stop.
- Full range of housing options if interested in renting or purchasing. Be sure to check in with the HSC for all the latest community housing information, listings and assistance.
- Assist you in locating appropriate rental housing to meet your needs.
- Protection from leases and avoiding discrimination with your housing agreement.
The HSC works closely with landlords and property managers in the community which lead to the Rental Partnership Program (RPP). There are many advantages to renting within the RPP including: properties inspected by the HSC, reduced or no security deposits, payment by allotment and discounts on rent. When you are authorized to live in the local community you will draw BAH. For more information on local community housing click here.