Applicants applying for Public Private Venture (PPV) housing at Naval Station Great Lakes will be assigned bedroom eligibility requirements according to their pay grade and family composition. To the greatest extent possible, bedroom eligibility requirements will be based upon the following criteria:
- No parent(s) should have to share a bedroom with a child.
- No more than two children of the same or opposite sex, or both, are allowed to share any bedroom.
- A child 6 years of age or older should not have to share a bedroom with a child of the opposite sex.
- A child 10 years of age or older is eligible for a separate bedroom.
- Married authorized dependent parents will be assigned one bedroom. If authorized dependent parents are not married, they will each be assigned a bedroom.
For further clarification as to bedroom eligibility requirements, please contact the Navy HSC at (847) 688-3440, extension 134 (commercial) or 792-3440, extension 134 (DSN).