Qualifications of the Command Financial Specialist (CFS)
The command financial specialist (CFS) must function as the command’s principal advisor on policies and matters related to personal financial management. The CFS should meet the following qualifications:
· Be in pay grade E-6 and above. An E-5 with a minimum of 6 years of service may be appointed as a command financial specialist. An E-5 with less than six years of service must submit a waiver request and receive approval. Waiver requests must be routed from the Commanding Officer to the CNIC personal financial management program manager.
· Be highly motivated and financially stable. Financial stability is defined as the ability to meet the financial overseas screening standards.
· Be designated, in writing by the Commanding Officer as outlined in OPNAVINST 1740.5D.
· Successfully complete the CFS training course provided by an authorized Family and Family Support Center.
· Have at least one year remaining in the command at time of command financial specialist course completion.
· Participate in continuing education including, but not limited to, periodic CFS forums and CFS refresher training at least every three years.
CFS CLASS DATES
· 09-13 August 2021
· 11-15 March 2022
· 10-14 June 2022
· 16-20 September 2022
· 02-06 December 2022
Naval Station Great Lakes
Fleet and Family Support Center
525 Farragut Avenue, Building 26
Great Lakes, IL 60088
Phone: (847) 688-3603
FOR YOUR COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL FFSP SERVICES, VISIT: http://www.ffsp.navy.mil