Family Employment Readiness Program (FERP)
Spouse employment is a key issue for DOD leadership because many military personnel make retention decisions based on their families' financial stability. The roughly 60 percent of all military spouses who are part of the labor force contribute between 20 and 40 percent of their families' income.
The primary mission of the Family Employment Readiness Program is to provide consultation services to assist military spouses and family members in achieving their short and long term career goals. Services include:
· Providing information on employment and education opportunities
· Assisting in planning careers that are compatible with the mobile military lifestyle
· Teaching how to develop and use job search skills and strategies
· Making connections with employers, other professionals, and support networks
· Assisting in finding employment opportunities that meet your needs
· Enabling spouses and family members to relocate more readily with their military sponsors
Preparing for your next job? Get help in resume writing (federal and/or corporate), interviewing skills, networking, job search strategies, and career planning. Take a look at our schedule of workshops at the bottom of the page and call to register at (847)688-3603 ext. 100.