DOD sponsored schools are not present at Naval Station Great Lakes, Fort Sheridan or Glenview.
SCHOOL LIAISON OFFICER
The School Liaison Officer’s primary function is to serve as a conduit between parents, educators and the command so that military-connected children experience a seamless transition during the transfer between schools. Most military children move every 2.9 years and can attend up to nine different schools by graduation. Consistency and retention of educational goals is a primary goal for families when planning to PCS.
The School Liaison Officer (SLO) can provide military families, educators, and installation commanders with resources as they work together in providing a supportive and positive educational environment for children of military families. In addition, we offer a wide spectrum of services, enabling families to become more involved in their child's educational experience. The SLO’s main areas of focus include assisting families by:
• Providing information on local schools and boundaries
• Answer questions about school enrollment options
• Understanding home schooling regulations and support
• Supporting families with Inbound/outbound school transfers
• Helping families understand and navigate the special education process
• Providing military, Department of Education, and community agency referrals
• Assisting with post-secondary preparation and college readiness
- Phone: 847-489-4231
- Hours: M-F 8am-4:30pm
- Facebook Page: GREAT LAKES SLO