Pass & ID Office (call for clarification on how to get onto base)
If you are coming to Naval Station Newport, please contact your sponsor in advance for all of the installation information you will need immediately upon your arrival. Naval Station Newport's main gate - Gate 1 - is located at the end of Training Station Road, Newport. A detailed paper map of the Naval Station can be picked up at the Public Affairs Office, if in stock, which is located with the Personnel Support Detachment at Building 690, 690 Peary Street, Newport, R.I.
From Points South of Newport, RI:
1. Take I-95 North to Rte. 138 East (Exit 3 in Rhode Island).
2. Follow Rte. 138 East to Rte. 1 intersection.
3. Take Rte. 1 North (left turn).
4. Take first exit to Rte. 138. Continue on Rte. 138 over Jamestown (Verrazano) Bridge (free) and Newport (Pell) Bridge (TOLL ROAD: $4 each way).
5. Off Newport Bridge, stay in left lane and follow signs for Rte. 138 Fall River/Cape Cod.
6. Take right at yield sign onto Admiral Kalbfus Road (Newport Grand Casino across from intersection).
7. Proceed to rotary. Take second exit from rotary (Antonio’s Restaurant on right).
8. Continue straight to Gate 1.
From Points North of Newport, RI:
1. From I-95 take I-195E to Rte. 24 South.
2. Follow Rte. 24 to Rte. 114 South. Continue on Rte. 114 toward Newport, RI.
3. Turn right on Coddington Highway (first Burger King on left).
4. Proceed to rotary. Take first exit from rotary (Antonio’s Restaurant on right).
5. Continue straight to Gate 1.