Navy School Liaison Officers work with school personnel to foster a positive and mutually beneficial relationship between schools and the military community, all for the sake of the military child. Specifically, the School Liaison Officer will:
- Develop solutions in partnership with local schools to overcome barriers to successful education, as it relates to the military child.
- Collaborate with local schools to facilitate the education transition experience.
- Connect schools with the Navy deployment support system to provide awareness about the effects of deployment as it relates to academic success and tools that are available to assist educators in working with military children.
- Offer transition-related professional development opportunities for educators.
- Connect schools with the Partnerships in Education program.
- Interstate Compact on Education Opportunity for Military Children
- American Association of Schools Administrators (AASA) Toolkit: Supporting the Military Child
- The School Administrator's Guide for Supporting Students from Military Families
- The Teacher's Guide for Supporting Students from Military Families
- The Pupil Personnel Guide for Supporting Students from Military Families
- The Military Child Education Coalition