Funeral Honors Requests and Guidelines
- Military Funeral Honors consists of two or more members of the armed service, one from the parent service, playing Taps, folding and presenting the American flag to the veteran’s family.
- To request Funeral Honors, please complete a Funeral Honors Request Form and submit it along with a legible copy of a DD-214 or proof of honorable service to the associated office location listed below.
- Please allow 48 hours advance notice to process requests. Contact the associated office directly if request is within 24 hours or after normal business hours.
- Requests may be sent via e-mail, securely through the Safe Access File Exchange (SAFE) or by fax. When sending via SAFE Exchange, please check your e-mail for additional instructions. E-mail, fax and office contact information is listed below.
- Burial flags must be provided by the requester.
- Visit our Helpful Links page for information on requesting veteran records and burial flags.
- The Funeral Honors Team will arrive 45 minutes before the scheduled event time. To ensure the team arrives as scheduled, please communicate immediately any changes to the date, time or location.
- Funeral Honors will only be rendered once per eligible veteran.