To apply for privatized family housing (FH) you will need to submit an application with the information described below. Unaccompanied personnel are eligible to apply for FH; however, they are a lower priority than families.
You must check into Housing within 30 days of arrival to secure full local move benefits.
Qualification for Military FH:
Navy, Marine Corps, Army, Air Force, United States Coast Guard and National Guard members are eligible.
In order to apply, you are required to have the following forms:
- Housing Application Part 1 (DD Form 1746)
- Housing Application Part 2 (Fax Sheet, App Cover Sheet, SOU, Courtesy Move)
- Housing Application Part 3 (Sex Offender Form)
- A copy of orders showing your detachment dates.
- Certification of bona fide family members. Examples of acceptable forms of documentation are the USN-Emergency Data application (Page 2); USMC NAVMC 10922; USA & USAF- DD Form 93; USCG- 4170.
- Eligibility is determined by your pay grade and the number of dependents who will reside in the home 6 consecutive months out of the year..
- Application may be made in person or submitted by mail, fax or email. Those not submitted in person must be confirmed within 30 days of reporting.
- Full resident guidelines, including the pet policy for Public-Private Venture housing on Naval Station Norfolk, are also available on Lincoln Military Housing's website www.lincolnmilitary.com.