The Housing Service Center (HSC) staff is ready to assist unaccompanied personnel reporting to Naval Weapons Station (NWS) Yorktown, Cheatham Annex, and will help to determine housing eligibility, options and in locating acceptable housing. The HSC has a number of excellent housing choices and services.
Navy Housing for Unaccompanied Personnel
Unaccompanied housing (UH) has 3 buildings with a total of 392 beds and all are fully furnished with amenities. Grey Hall building 2075 is located on NWS Yorktown with 68 mods (two Sailors per mod) and 136 beds. It is the home for all Sailors E3 and below. Puller Hall building 1807 is located on NWS Yorktown with 20 mods (4 rooms in each mod, 3 beds in each room). It is the home for the Marines E4 and below. Cheatham Colonies building 536D is located on Cheatham Annex; there is 4 mods (2 rooms in each mod) and 16 beds.
Depending on your assignment status (shore duty, sea duty, student, etc.) and pay grade, your options may include Navy UH, housing in the local community or unaccompanied Public-Private Venture (PPV) housing.
Sea and shore duty personnel within pay grades E1-E3 can expect to reside in permanent party UH or UH PPV.
- Based on local conditions, 50 to 75 percent of all E4s may be housed in UH.
- Students will reside in 2075 (Grey Hall) housing facilities.
- More senior personnel are expected to reside in the local community.
- UH are government-owned and managed housing. Eligibility is based on your pay grade and basic allowance for housing (BAH) entitlement.
UH unit qualities:
- Comfortable, fully-furnished.
- Washerand dryer.
- Clean, safe and secure housing.
- Location, location, location:
- Close to work (no traffic).
- Base recreation.
- Additional installation support services.
- No - Rent fees.
- Fees - Utilities, cable, internet and land line (if needed). Note: BAH will stop.
- UH moving information.
- Full range of housing options if interested in renting or purchasing. Be sure to check in with us at the HSC for all of the latest information, listings and assistance.
- Assist you in locating appropriate rental housing to meets your needs.
- Protection from leases and avoiding discrimination with your housing agreement.
The HSC works closely with landlords and property managers in the community which led to the Rental Partnership Program (RPP). There are many advantages renting within the RPP including: properties inspected by the HSC, reduced or no security deposits, payment by allotment and discounts on rent. When you are authorized to live in the local community, you will draw BAH. Information on local community housing.