Unaccompanied personnel considering off-base housing must first contact the Naval Station (NAVSTA) Norfolk Housing Service Center (HSC). The HSC is prepared to assist unaccompanied personnel who are authorized to earn basic allowance for housing (BAH) find a home in the community.
Naval Station Norfolk Housing Can Do for You:
- Maintains unaccompanied personnel affordable housing listings.
- Roommate assistance.
- Lease assistance (HSC in some cases offers favorable rents and security deposit agreements).
- Supports mediated disputes with landlords or roommates.
Roommates are a great way to lower expenses. The HSC skilled staff provides tips, so your house sharing experience will be a pleasant event.
Local area apartments are generally available, affordable and convenient to NAVSTA Norfolk. To see available listings, visit the HSC office to use our free of charge computers.
Other Important Information:
- Using off-base housing you will be able to utilize BAH. Find current BAH rate.
- Interested in purchasing property? The Fleet and Family Support Center (FFSC) provides information and classes on home buying.
- Need additional information? Contact the HSC.