All unaccompanied personnel reporting to Naval Station (NAVSTA) Norfolk, tenant commands and attached units must report to the unaccompanied housing (UH) front desk in Groshong Hall, building O-22. The Housing Service Center (HSC) personnel will determine and explain your eligibility and housing options.
At NAVSTA Norfolk, UH Public-Private Venture (PPV) is a joint venture between the Navy and a private real estate management company, Lincoln Military Housing. The partner manages the facilities and the Navy provides oversight. Our facilities and amenities are equal to some of the best available in the local community.
UH PPV Application Process:
- A Special Request/Authorization Form (NAVPERS Form 1336/3).
- DD Form 1746 (Application to Housing).
- A copy of orders showing your detachment dates and last Leave and Earnings Statement.
- Eligibility is determined by your pay grade and members' basic allowance for housing (BAH) entitlement.
- Ability to reside in housing for a minimum of 6 months before Projected Rotation Date (PRD) or Expiration of Active Obligated Service (EAOS), or both.
- Not scheduled for an extended deployment (greater than 90 days) for the next 6 months (extended deployment terminates eligibility for housing).
- Willing to enroll in a allotment program for rental payments, or, if not, willing to pay a security deposit.
- Eligible to collect partial BAH (not collecting BAH differential or BAH at the "with dependents" rate).
- Full resident guidelines for PPV housing on NAVSTA Norfolk are also available on Homeport Hampton Roads website.
If eligible and interested in occupying UH PPV, the UH HSC staff will attain your application and refer you to the PPV partner, Homeport Hampton Roads. Once referred to the PPV partner, contact the partner for housing questions:
- Leasing services.
- Move-in items.
- All services available during occupancy.
- Need more information contact.
Wait List Process:
Available UH PPV housing is limited, so there may not be vacancies upon arrival. Your name will be placed on a wait list, and you will be notified when an apartment is available. Service desk personnel will explain the wait list process and other housing options while you’re on the wait list. Submit an advance application upon receiving orders to be stationed at NAVSTA Norfolk. Need additional information? Contact the HSC.