Rental Partnership Program
The Rental Partnership Program (RPP) is an agreement between the Housing Service Center (HSC) and community housing landlords and is designed to provide Service Members with suitable and affordable off-base houisng and aid in defraying some of the costs incurred by relocation. Housing units which are offered in the RPP are evaluated, inspected and qualified to meet the highest standards by the Navy HSC. The RPP is available to both families and unaccompanied Service Members.
Tenant Eligibility and Requirements
Generally all full-time active duty Service Members are eligibility to participate in RPP:
- Service Member is required to have a minimum of 6 months to 1 year left on End of Active Obligated Service (EAOS) and Projected Rotation Date (PRD).
- If single, Service Members E4 and below with less than 4 years of active duty service, must provide an authorization Request Chit, signed by an E7 or above to reside off-base.
To get started with finding properties in the RPP, the Service Member should come to the HSC with their orders and most recent Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) to be properly counseled on theor eligibility and requirements.
Benefits to the Tenant
The program offers Service Members special rental benefits which include:
- Homes that are inspected by our HSCs and pre-approved as suitable and affordable for Service Members.
- Discount of 5 percent on rental rates.
- Waived or reduced security deposits.
- Waived or reduced application fee or credit check fee.
- Rent payment by landlord's preferred method.
- Lease cannot be denied to a Service Member due to a negative credit check (only a poor reference from a previous landlord).