You can apply for military housing at any time; however, your application cannot be fully processed until you have provided all the required documents (see below). You can apply for housing in person at the Housing Service Center (HSC), fax, email or mail your application.
If you are applying to privatized housing, please make sure you bring the following documents with you to the HSC:
- Public Private Venture (PPV) Family Housing Application.
- Permanent change of station (PCS) orders.
- Dependent certification documents*
- Custody Papers (Members mush have joint legal and physical custody of dependent children for at least 6 months).
- Dual Military: Provide documentation (Orders & Page 2) for spouse.
- Proof of Pregnancy with estimated due date noted by doctor.
- Power of Attorney (required if spouse or representative is completing application).
*Examples of Dependent Certification Documents Include:
- NAVPERS 1070/602, Dependency Application/Record of Emergency Data Form (USN: Page 2; USMC, USA & USAF: DD Form 93 (REDS); USCG: 4170)
- DD1172: Application for Uniformed Services Identification Care, DEERS Enrollment
PPV Housing - Family housing application package, pictures, floor plans, FAQs, pet policy and specific information regarding PPV housing at Naval Support Activity Hampton Roads are available on our partner Lincoln Military Housing's website at www.lincolnmilitary.com.
Resident Energy Conservation Program (RECP): Is aligned with the Department of the Navy energy conservation initiative to reduce the amount of utilities consumed in PPV housing. This program transfers some responsibility for utility costs from the PPV partnership to the residents. For additional information on RECP please visit http://www.cnic.navy.mil/ffr/housing/recp.html.