The Rental Partnership Program (RPP) is an agreement between the Housing Service Center (HSC) and community housing landlords. It is designed to provide Service Members with suitable and affordale off-base housing and in defraying some of the costs incurred by relocation. Housing units which are offered in the RPP are evaluated, inspected and qualified to meet the highest standards by the Navy HSC. The RPP is available to both families and unaccompanied Service Members.
Tenant Eligibility and Requirements
Generally, all full-time active duty Service Members, married or single, are eligible to participate in RPP:
- Service Member is required to have a minimum of 6 months to 1 year left on End of Active Obligated
Service (EAOS) and Projected Rotation Date (PRD).
- If single, Service Member E4 and below with less than 4 years of active duty, Service Member must have approval from their current command to live off-base and receive basic allowance for housing (BAH) signed by an E7 or above with rank or rate clearly stated.
To get started with finding properties in the RPP, the Service Member should come to the HSC with their orders and most recent Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) to be properly counseled on their eligibility and requirements.
Benefits to the Tenant
The program offers Service Members special rental benefits which include:
- Homes are inspected by our HSCs and pre-approved as suitable and affordable for Service Members.
- Discount of 5 percent on rental rates.
- Waived or reduced security deposit.
- No administrative fee, and application fee may not exceed $50.
- Rent payment by allotment or automatic payment.
- Lease cannot be denied to a Service Member due to a negative credit check (only a poor reference from a previous landlord).