Family and Community Housing
Housing Service Center
7924 14th St.(Bldg SDA-337)
Norfolk, VA 23505-1217
Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
DSN: 565-2832, Fax: 565-6935
Commercial: (757) 445-2832, (800) 628-7510, Fax: (757) 445-6935
Unaccompanied Housing (UH)
DSN: 262-9500 or 9506
Commercial: (757) 322-9500 or 9506
HOMES.mil is a new official Department of Defense (DoD) website, dedicated to helping Service Members, Families and DoD civilians find housing.
The Navy Housing Service Center (HSC), building SDA 337, is the consolidated welcome center for all housing sites in the Hampton Roads area. Lincoln Military Housing is located in the same building. The household goods office, Fleet and Family Service Center and Navy Lodge are within walking distance.
Customers receive an array of housing assistance to help simplify their home search. Services include the following:
- Permanent change of station (PCS) housing check-in.
- Process government housing applications and make assignments.
- Maintain a current government housing wait list available to view in the lobby.
- Rental Partnership Program assistance for housing on the economy at reduced rent.
- Extensive available property list from various combined military and civilian resources.
- Lease and purchase agreement counseling.
- Counseling for special needs.
- How to buy, sell or manage property workshops. These informative workshops are scheduled routinely.
- Landlord/tenant counseling and issue resolution.
- Telephones, photocopy and facsimile machines are available without charge.
- Library containing departure housing information to help Service Members and their families plan for a new duty station.
Estimated Wait Times for PPV Family Housing (# of Months)
Average Community (Off-Base) Housing Costs - Rentals
Average Community (Off-Base) Housing Costs - Purchase