CYP provides high quality educational and recreational programs for children and youth. Teams of caring, knowledgeable professionals plan developmentally-appropriate programs that are responsive to the unique needs, abilities and interests of children. Our staff foster a sense of independence, trust, and responsibility within each child through understanding and respectful interactions. Likewise, through positive relationships, our programs respect and support the ideals, cultures and values of families in their task of nurturing children and youth. We are advocates for children, families and the child and youth professionals within our programs and surrounding communities.
- Build physical development and skills
- Promote social competence and positive relationships with others
- Foster emotional well-being and a sense of trust and respect
- Encourage children to think, reason question, and experiment
- Develop initiative, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Advance creative expression, representation and appreciation for the arts
- Promote language and literacy development
- Develop self-discipline and the ability to seek out and complete self-selected tasks
- Cultivate respect and an appreciation of differences and the uniqueness of diverse cultures and traditions
- Support sound health, safety and nutritional practices
Developmental childcare and youth recreational programs are available to all active duty military, active reservists and guardsmen, DoD civilian personnel and contractors. Navy CYP are among the highest quality in the nation.
Exceptional Family Member Program Liaison (CTR)