History

In May 1955, the U.S. Naval Radio Station was activated to serve as a receiving facility for naval activities in the Norfolk area. After years of operating and functioning as a naval radio station, in September 1970, the Naval Radio Station Northwest became a component activity of the Naval Communication Station Norfolk. In 1975, the Naval Security Group Activity Northwest was established. Since 1975, the base has continued to change, but it still hosts an interesting and diverse group of tenant commands and personnel.

 

Share This Page

This is an Official US Navy Website
Switch to Full Site
Switch to Mobile Site