Unaccompanied personnel considering off-base housing must first contact the Naval Support Activity (NSA) Philadelphia Housing Service Center (HSC). The HSC is prepared to assist unaccompanied personnel who are authorized to earn basic allowance for housing (BAH) find a home in the community.
The NSA Philadelphia HSC:
- Maintains unaccompanied personnel affordable housing listings.
- Provides roommate assistance.
- Provides lease assistance. In some cases, the HSC offers favorable rents and security deposit agreements.
- Supports mediated disputes with landlords or roommates.
Roommates are a great way to lower expenses. The HSC skilled staff provides tips, so your house sharing experience will be a pleasant event.
Local area apartments are generally available, affordable and convenient to NSA Philadelphia. To see available listings, visit the HSC office or visit HOMES.mil to find housing options in affordable price ranges and location preferences.
Other important information:
- Using off-base housing you will be able to utilize BAH. Find the current BAH rate.
- Interested in purchasing property? The Fleet and Family Support Center (FFSC) provides information and classes on home buying.
- Need additional information? Contact the HSC.