CYP provide high quality educational and recreational programs for children and youth. Teams of caring, knowledgeable professionals plan developmentally appropriate programs that are responsive to the unique needs, abilities, and interests of children. Our staff fosters a sense of independence, trust and responsibility within each child through understanding and respectful interactions. Likewise, through positive relationships, our programs respect and support the ideals, cultures, and values of families in their task of nurturing children and youth. We are advocates for children, families, and the child and youth professionals within our programs and surrounding communities.
- Build physical development and skills.
- Promote social competence and positive relationships with others.
- Foster emotional well-being and a sense of trust and respect for
- self and others.
- Encourage children to think, reason, question, and experiment.
- Develop initiative, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Advance creative expression, representation, and appreciation
- for the arts.
- Promote language and literacy development.
- Develop self-discipline and the ability to seek out and complete
- self-selected tasks.
- Cultivate respect and appreciation of differences and the uniqueness
- of diverse cultures and traditions.
- Support sound health, safety, and nutritional practices.
Developmental child care and youth recreational programs are available to all active duty military, activated reservists and guardsmen, DoD civilian personnel, and DoD contractors. Navy CYP are among the highest quality in the nation.