Naval Weapons Station Earle Logo Commander, Navy Region Mid-Atlantic  |  Naval Weapons Station Earle
Commander, Navy Installations Command
  Find Your Region or Installation

Barracks and Dorms


The Housing Service Center (HSC) at Naval Weapons Station (NWS) Earle has 3 buildings and 86 rooms or beds for permanent party or students, o r both.  NWS Earle unaccompanied housing (UH) rooms are clean, well maintained and fully furnished.  Also, UH has a full complement of recreational, fitness and other amenities.  Most are located within walking distance of UH. 

Housing Options:

Unaccompanied personnel reporting to NWS Earle tenant commands and attached units must report to the HSC UH front desk in building C-55.  HSC personnel will determine and explain eligibility and housing options.  Most personnel, E1-E3 and E4 < 4, will be required to live in UH.  More senior personnel may, under certain circumstances, be eligible to live in UH.  Questions?  Visit the HSC contact page.

Housing Assignment:

Once UH assignment is completed the building manger will schedule a time for UH indoctrination and joint assignment.  To keep the UH community safe and comfortable, rules and regulations are put in place for all residents.  The command feels the rules are reasonable, unobtrusive and expects everyone to abide them.

  • UH indoctrination:  A copy of the rules and regulations OPNAV Instruction 11103.1 will be provided to occupants by the NWS Earle HSC during indoctrination.
  • Joint inspection purpose:  Document room status and furnishings at check-in time.
  • Owner-occupied housing:  Occupants' responsibility to promptly report all maintenance problems and required repairs.
  • Check-out:  The tenant and building manager conduct a joint termination inspection to document room status at check-out.  The building manager will explain the process during indoctrination.


Resident Advisors

Resident advisors (RA) are senior enlisted personnel who provide an after-hours leadership presence in UH.  RAs sign a memorandum of understanding, agreeing to certain duties and responsibilities in exchange for a room in UH.  The program is strictly voluntary and open to personnel in pay grades E5 to E9 (E4 with their commanding officer’s recommendation) including geographic bachelors (GB).  For more information about the RA program and to obtain an application, please contact the UH administrative office using the housing contact form.


Are personnel ordered to NWS Earle who, by choice or circumstance, have decided that their dependents will continue to live in another geographic area.  GBs are receiving BAH at the with-dependents rate.  They are not normally authorized to live in UH; however, we do have a limited number of spaces available for GBs.  GBs must submit an application that will be reviewed by the command.  If approved, the GB will be placed on the waiting list and offered UH when it becomes available.  GBs may also apply to be RAs.  For more information about the GB program and to obtain an application, please contact the UH administrative office using the housing contact form. 

Share This Page