R&R will assist you with selecting your child care needs within the Mid-Atlantic Region. This Region provides high quality, developmentally appropriate programs from pre-birth to 18 years of age including: Child Development Centers (CDC); Child Development Homes (CDH); Child Development Group Home (CDGH); Child Development Youth (CDY) which include School-Age Care (SAC), and Youth Programs. We are currently involved in a pilot program called Parents as Teachers—Heroes at Home. This pilot program offers a unique opportunity for parents of children (pre-birth to 36 months) to partner with experienced parent educators that will assist in developing a personalized home learning plan for you and your child. The Parents as Teachers—Heroes at Home program is offered to you at no charge.
· One-stop shopping for all your childcare needs
· Coordinates availability of childcare to meet specific family needs
· Provides information on all child and youth programs
· Provides criteria for evaluating child and youth programs
· Offers fast, convenient service by phone, fax, e-mail or in person
· Affordable care based on household income
· Provides checklists for interviewing potential in-home providers
· Assist personnel in locating childcare at their next duty station.
For a more detailed written guide and/or a personal consultation, please contact the Navy Mid-Atlantic Region Resource and Referral (R&R). The R&R office is located at 1565 Piersey Street, in building P-4. To complete an on-line Request For Care (RFC) application (worldwide) for your child, visit:https://qol.persnet.navy.mil/CYPWeb/Web/RFC/RequestForCare.aspx
Please give us a call. Our numbers are listed below. If you get a voice mail, please leave your name and a number and we will get back to you.
Director: (757) 445-9172
CDH Coordinator: (757) 444-1277
CDC Coordinator: (757) 444-3670
SAC/Youth Coordinator: (757) 444-7420
Our toll free number is: 1-866-NAVY CDC (628-9232).
Navy CYP: https://qol.persnet.navy.mil/CYPWeb/Web/Home/Home.aspx