Unaccompanied personnel considering off-base housing must first contact the Surface Combat Systems Center (SCSC) Wallops Island Housing Service Center (HSC). The HSC is prepared to assist unaccompanied personnel who are authorized to earn basic allowance for housing (BAH) to find a home in the community.
The SCSC Wallops Island HSC can do the following for you:
- Maintains unaccompanied personnel affordable housing listings.
- Provides roommate assistance.
- Provides lease assistance. In some cases, the HSC offers favorable rents and security deposit agreements.
- Supports mediated disputes with landlords or roommates.
Roommates are a great way to lower expenses. The HSC skilled staff provides tips, so your house sharing experience will be a pleasant event.
Local area apartments are generally available, affordable and convenient to SCSC Wallops Island. To see available listings, visit the HSC office to use our free of charge computers.
Other important information:
- Using off-base housing you will be able to utilize BAH. Find current BAH rate.
- Interested in purchasing property? The Fleet and Family Support Center (FFSC) provides information and classes on home buying.
- Need additional information? Contact the HSC.