Commander, Navy Region Mid-Atlantic Logo Commander, Navy Region Mid-Atlantic
Commander, Navy Installations Command
  Find Your Region or Installation


Corrosives lable image

COMNAVREGMIDLANTINST 6280.1A, Regional Consolidated Hazardous Material Reutilization and Inventory Management (CHRIMP) is the guiding instruction for management and procurement of hazardous material within the Mid-Atlantic Region. The Program manager for Supply and Logistics (Fleet Logistics Center) acts as the CHRIMP Manager.

The Fleet Logistics Center Norfolk website on Hazardous Materail Management has instructions, Customer Ordering Procedures, Forms, Catalogs and Miscellaneous infomation to help you make your hazardous material program better and easeir.

Request for Change to Hazardous Material (HM) Authorized Use List (AUL)
The AUL approval process has changed to an electronic paperless format. A new PDF format form has been developed and can be downloaded from our website. Once downloaded to your computer, fill out the form and click the "E-Mail Form" button. Be sure and print a copy first for your records, as Adobe Acrobat Reader cannot save your data.

MSDS- A Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) must be provided with the AUL request. If the MSDS is in the Hazardous Material Information Resource System (HMIRS), please attach a copy of the MSDS in PDF format with your AUL Change Request Form. You can download the MSDS PDF from the manufacturer, printing the MSDS to a PDF file, and emailing both to the Chrimp Office.  Conact the HAZMINCTR Office at (757) 444-7298.

If you cannot get the MSDS in a PDF format, Regional HAZMIN can scan to a PDF document and email it, or fax to (757) 444-7298. When they receive your file they will route it through Environmental, Industrial Hygiene, and Safety via SiteScape for approval, and when they receive it back they will notify you via e-mail if the request was approved or rejected.

If you need an HMIRS account, go to the DLA registration page.

Shelf Life Management- Have you considered extending your hazardous material's Shelf Life?

No Credit Card!! - Reminder - Commands are prohibited from buying hazardous material with government purchase cards - ALL Purchases must go through the regional HAZMINCTR!

Hazardous Waste Disposal- How do you dispose of paint cans, florescent light bulbs, refrigerators with freon, oils, and other hazardous waste. Find all the answers in the Hazardous Materials Minimization, Hazardous Waste Reutilization and Disposal Guide.

Questions regarding HAZWASTE disposal can be directed to MIDLANT Environmental Services at (757) 444-5335.


Share This Page