In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Task Force Navy Family was established to conduct full-spectrum community service operations in order to provide a rapid and coordinated return to a stable environment for our affected Navy family.
The Navy adapted BUPERS Online, an existing on-line personnel tool, to provide:
- Personnel Accounting (muster, emergency contact information).
- Family Support Registration (needs identification and assessment).
- Case Management (monitoring, information, knowledge).
In order to assist you with mustering and needs identification, Navy Region Northwest has created a pocket card that you can conveniently place on your person. The card can be obtained from your command and contains the below information:
“In case of emergency, such as catastrophic disaster, earthquakes, or terrorist attack, where you or your family are affected. Navy personnel and their family members should muster with their command or Navy Personnel Command as soon as possible via the phone number or website listed below. You should muster, even if you and your family are OK.
Navy Hotline: (877) 414-5358
OR you can contact the Command at: (360) 396-6378
When contacting these numbers or going online you will be asked to answer several questions which will include:
- What is the call back number we can use to contact you?
- Are all of your family members accounted for?
- Do you need medical assistance?
- Do you need shelter?
- Do you need food/water or other basic living supplies?
- Do you have access to your bank and accounts?
- How can we help you?
We fully understand the fact that during a catastrophe, time is important. But, by adding this step to your disaster plan, and providing answers to the questions above, you will ensure that your family gets the care that they deserve as members of the Navy family.