Navy Region Northwest Travel Planner Tool: (*scroll to bottom of page to download PDF)
STATUS UPDATE #52: February 26, 2021
COVID-19 case rates may be improving in some areas but many communities in the Northwest are still seeing new positive COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations each week. To continue limiting the spread of the virus, protective measures remain in effect across Navy Region Northwest installations. Northwest Navy installations are either in Health Protection Condition (HPCON) Charlie (C) or Bravo (B).
Northwest Navy Installation Commanding Officers (COs) continue to assess their local operating environment and make decisions to mitigate risk to the health and safety of Navy personnel and to the Navy’s ability to continue performing mission essential operations. Northwest Navy Family members should monitor installation websites and social media pages for the latest base-specific updates on services and activities.
As vaccination efforts continue, some communities are reopenin businesses to more activities like indoor dining. Navy personnel should be aware that the Navy’s measures, which apply to Navy personnel on and off base, may be different than state or county guidelines. It is essential that all personnel take personal responsibility to continue limiting the spread of the disease. Everyone must maintain vigilance in their individual protective behaviors both on and off base, including maintaining physical distancing, using face coverings, maintaining good hygiene, conducting medical screening and regular cleaning and disinfecting frequently-touched surfaces.
Washington (WA) Dept. of Health, as of Feb. 24, reported 319,498 cases and 4,942 deaths. Visit https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/COVID19/DataDashboard for the latest WA data.
Dept. of the Navy, as of Feb. 17, reported 8,848 confirmed active cases among military, civilians, family members and contractors. Visit https://www.navy.mil/US-Navy-COVID-19-Updates/ for the Navy’s latest report.
Update #52 includes the following:
Some Northwest Navy Installations permitted to shift to HPCON B
Vaccine Location Resources: Retail Pharmacies and Washington State
Secretary of Defense Message to the Force about COVID Vaccine
SECDEF and SECNAV Mask Guidance and Other Measures
COVID Economic Impact Payments and Your Taxes
Local COVID-19 vaccination continues
Frequently Asked Questions about SARS-CoV-2 vaccines
Vaccine: Important to protecting people and ending the pandemic, and what to expect
Background: Navy Vaccine Allocation
10. CDC practical tips, web links to reference sites, and general information for Navy employees
Download the following PDF to read the details in this COVID-19 update:
- CDC COVID-19 Information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination FAQs: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html
- Military Health Service COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs: https://www.health.mil/Military-Health-Topics/Combat-Support/Public-Health/Coronavirus/COVID-19-Vaccine-Efforts/Getting-the-COVID-19-Vaccine
- DoD COVID-19 Rumor Control: https://www.defense.gov/Explore/Spotlight/Coronavirus/Rumor-Control/
- DoD COVID-19 Vaccine Availability Information: https://www.defense.gov/Explore/Spotlight/Coronavirus/Vaccine-Availability/
- Tricare Nurse Advice Line: 1-800-TRICARE (874-2273) or www.mhsnurseadviceline.com
- Tricare Coronavirus FAQs: www.tricare.mil/HealthWellness/HealthyLiving/Coronavirus/Coronavirus- FAQs
- Washington State Dept. of Health COVID-19 site: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus
- Washington State Department of Health novel coronavirus call center: 1-800-525-0127 and press #
- Naval Air Station Whidbey Island Facebook page and website: https://www.facebook.com/NASWhidbeyIsland/ https://www.cnic.navy.mil/regions/cnrnw/installations/nas_whidbey_island/about/faqs.html
- NavyLife NAS Whidbey Island Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WhidbeyFFR/
- Naval Base Kitsap Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/kitsapnavy/
- NavyLife Naval Base Kitsap Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/KitsapFFR/
- Naval Station Everett Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NavalStationEverett/
- NavyLife Naval Station Everett Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/EverettFFR/
- Navy Region Northwest Fleet and Family Readiness Program: https://www.navylifepnw.com/
- US Navy COVID-19 Leaders' Handbook: https://allhands.navy.mil/The-Way-Forward/US-Navy-COVID- 19-Leaders-Handbook.
- Navy Region Northwest Travel Planning Tools: https://www.cnic.navy.mil/regions/cnrnw/om/COVID- 19.html
NAVY REGION NORTHWEST EMPLOYEES
Our work continues with health and safety protective measures in place. Unless you are told otherwise by your supervisor, please continue with your same actions including teleworking when possible or returning directly home from work and maintaining physical distancing and wearing of face coverings. Please discuss with your supervisor if you need clarification on your work situation or if you have questions about which Navy vaccination phase you may be in.
Personnel required to physically report to work are to conduct self-screening using the questionnaire below and report to their supervisor prior to entering the base and reporting to work. Employees working from home are asked to also continue to monitor their own health for any signs of illness and keep their supervisor informed if their status changes. If you are sick, you should stay home, try to distance from others in your household as best you can, and contact your health care provider as needed.
INSTALLATIONS AND COMMANDS
Northwest Navy Installations and Commands will continue to communicate additional, specific guidance and efforts with their people through their respective communication channels.
Monitor news resources and public health updates regularly to stay informed. Navy Region Northwest will continue to provide weekly (or more frequently as needed) Navy-specific updates for the Navy family at https://www.cnic.navy.mil/regions/cnrnw/om/COVID-19.html
This Northwest Navy information “hub” will include status updates, handy information flyers for printing and posting, and links to additional information and resources from our public health partners.
Fact Sheets and Additional Resources:
*The following are being provided for convenience. For the most up-to-date factsheets and other communication resources, please visit CDC's website.
Health Screening Questionnaire:
Navy Region Northwest COVID Travel Planner Tools (to download):
Use these tools to help you with your travel plans and calculate the risk of contracting COVID-19. Discuss plans and risk calculations with your supervisor before travel, and talk to your supervisor before returning to work.
NRNW CONUS COVID Status Travel Planner Report (excel file download)
COVID-19 Status Update Archives: