All military personnel who operate a motorcycle on/off base, and all DOD civilian personnel who operate a motorcycle on base are required to complete a COMNAVSAFECEN required motorcycle rider safety course prior to operating these vehicles.
All military personnel who operate a motorcycle on/off base and DOD civilian personnel who operate a motorcycle on base shall complete a Experienced Rider course or additional COMNAVSAFECEN approved training course every 3 years.
Priority is given on a first come, first served basis. There is no cost for these courses.
- Basic Rider Course (2 days) is for those individuals who have:
- Limited riding experience (i.e. < less than 6 months experience).
- Not completed the Experienced Rider Course.
- Experienced Rider Course (1 day) is for those individuals who have:
- Riding experience (i.e. > 6 months experience).
- Military Sport Bike Rider Course (1 day) is for those active duty military and DOD civilians who:
- Ride a sport bike.
- Not required for military retirees or contractors.
- Students who ride a sport bike must complete a Basic Rider Course or Experienced Rider Course prior to attending the Sport Bike course and show proof of completion. Must have a valid motorcycle license or endorsement.
Additional determination for taking the Sport Bike Rider Course:
To determine if you need to take the Sport Bike Riders' Course, please open the attached list. While this list is not all-inclusive, it gives a good indication of what is considered a Sport Bike. If you think you may have a Sport Bike and it is not on this list, please contact the N35 safety Office at your installation and ask to speak to the Traffic safety Coordinator.
For more information call:
- Naval Base Kitsap - (360) 396-6104
- Naval Station Everett - (425) 304-3462
- Naval Air Station Whidbey Island - (360) 257-8738