Current Processing Time: For the most up-to-date timeline information, monitor our Facebook page at https://www/facebook.com/TPUbangor/.
Current ROM Guidance (COVID 19): For the most up-to-date timeline information, monitor our Facebook page at https://www/facebook.com/TPUbangor/.
HOW TO GET TO TPU PUGET SOUND (NAVAL BASE KITSAP – BANGOR)
From Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEATAC) Airport
Go to the Kitsap Airporter Service Counter located at South Ground Transportation Lot Door #00. This is in the Main Terminal Building on the baggage level, near Carousel #1. The Kitsap Airporter will bring you to TPU Puget Sound (Naval Base Kitsap – Bangor). Shuttles depart every hour, on the 30 min mark. Boarding times are 10 minutes prior to departure. Visit the Bremerton-Kitsap Airporter website at for more information. The cost is approximately $30.00 out of pocket. Keep your receipts for reimbursement on your final travel claim.
- Kitsap Airporter 1-(360)876-1737 or 1-(800)562-7948
- SEATAC 1 (206) 433-5438
- USO Northwest at SEATAC (206)246-1908
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Check in at TPU Quarterdeck.
- You will need Separation Documents including Medical/Dental records, military ID card, copy of orders and other required documents per the checklists.
- Receive room assignment.
- Check in with appropriate division.
- Uniform of the day is NWU or NSU.
- Report for work day.
- Transient Department Musters Monday-Thursday: 0715, 0900, & 1300
- Transient Department Musters Friday: 0715 & 0900.
- Legal/Adsep Department Musters Monday-Friday: 0715, 0945, 1230, & 1400 (Other times may be added as required.)
- E-7 and above typically phone muster before 0700 once you are fully checked in at TPU.
- Work and watch assignments will be given out by departments.
- TPU strives to processes transients as expeditiously as possible. The amount of time for processing is on a case by case basis.
- Legal Department Musters vary depending on your status.
- Leave Chits
- Regular Leave is typically not authorized due to the short time you will be assigned to TPU, but may be considered on a case by case basis.
- Terminal/Separation Leave Chits from your previous command are void upon transfer and cannot be used at TPU.
- You will have to resubmit a new terminal/separation leave chit through your new department upon arrival at TPU.