Family & Community Housing
Housing Service Center
Bldg 3600, Dimmit Dr & Ave E
NAS Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi, TX 78419
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
DSN: 861-3336, Fax: 861-3629
Commercial: (361) 961-3336, Fax: (361) 961-3629
Unaccompanied Housing (UH)
Naval Air Station
11001 D Street, Suite 143
Corpus Christi, TX 78419-5021
HOMES.mil is a new official Department of Defense (DoD) website, dedicated to helping Service Members, families and DoD civilians find housing.
- Housing Service Center (HSC) (building 3600) located at corner of E Street and Dimmit Drive.
- Navy Housing office and Public-Private Venture (PPV) management office co-located in the building.
- Applications for on-base housing should be submitted to the HSC. Required documents include: DD1746 Application for Assignment to Housing; copy of original permanent change of station (PCS) orders to local area; copy of dependents certification documents.
- HSC maintains priority referral (waiting) list of eligible personnel who want to live on-base and issues referral letters for applicants when units become available.
- PPV management offers units upon receipt of a valid referral letter and provides unit address and move-in date information to the applicant.
- PPV management is responsible for all day-to-day operations of housing units, including lease signing, rent collection, maintenance, etc.
- PPV housing - Rent is based on the Service Members' basic allowance for housing (BAH) (local rate).
- PPV housing - Utilities are included at present, but residents will become responsible for payment at some point in the future. Rents will be adjusted to include a "utility allowance" based on the size of the unit occupied.
- PPV housing - Security deposits are waived if rent is paid via military allotment.
- PPV housing - Maximum of two pets per household are allowed. A pet deposit or fee is required for each pet. All pets must meet the requirements established in accordance with NASCORPC Instruction 5090.8 of 29 Jan 2003 (spayed or neutered, microchipped, registered with PPV office, vaccinated, etc.).
- If on-base PPV housing is not available upon arrival, personnel will be provided with information on off-base housing by the Navy HSC counselor: rental or sales listings based on the Service Member's needs; maps of the local area; common tenant-landlord issues; Military Clause; etc.
- The Navy HSC maintains current off-base listings that include long- and short-term rentals of single- and multi-family housing units, such as houses, apartments, condos and townhouses.
- Security and pet deposits are generally required when renting off-base. Some local apartment complexes may offer military discounts on monthly rents and reduced or waived security deposits.
- Navy HSC counselors provide additional services, such as review of leases and mediation of tenant-landlord complaints.
Average Community (Off-Base) Housing Costs - Rentals
Average Community (Off-Base) Housing Costs - Purchase