Financial Education Classes:
Workshops and One-On-One counseling sessions are offered for:
- Car Buying Strategies
- Thrift Savings Plan
- Savings and Investing
- Consumer Awareness
- Predatory Loans / Credit Management
- Life Cycle of Insurance
- Home Buying
- Debt Management
- Banking / Checking Account Management
- Military Pay Issues
Command Financial Specialist (CFS) Training:
The CFS is the command's principal advisor on policies and matters related to the commander's Personal Financial Management (PFM) plan. The CFS should meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum pay grade will be E6 for enlisted; W2/01 for officers.
- Be highly motivated and financially stable. Meet screening criteria for financial stability, as determined by examination of debt to income ratio and review of most current credit reports.
- Demonstrate competency in public speaking/facilitator forums.
- Be designated, in writing by the Commanding Officer as outlined in OPNAVINST 1740 series.
- Successfully complete the CFS training course provided by an authorized Family Center using CFS Training Courseware developed by Commander, navy Installations (CNI) (N21) and Naval Education and Training Command (NETC).
- Have at least one year remaining onboard present command at time of CFS course.
- Participate in continuing education including, but not limited to, periodic CFS forums and CFS refresher training at least every three years.