Commands, Ombudsman, Service Members and Families
Deployment services are education and support programs which assist family members and deploying commands to successfully manage separation/reunion cycles associated with military duty.
In order to reduce personal and family emergencies and stress of separation, the FFSC assists active duty, reservist, and mobilized reservist as well as their families to prepare for deployment; services are provided before, during, and after deployments.
Deployment services are tailored to the needs of an individual command and include collaboration with command leadership, ombudsman, and family support groups to develop the right mix of program subject matter for the varied target audiences.
What is an IA?
Individual Augmentees (IAs) are Sailors who support or "augment" another Navy, Marine Corps or Army command. Sailors usually go to their IA assignment on temporary or TAD orders and return to their current or "parent" command once they complete their assignment. Assignments vary in length from a few months to a year or more.
What Programs are Offered Locally?
- Predeployment briefs, fairs, one-on-one meetings, etc.
- IA Family Discussion Groups
- IA Family Packets with age appropriate information for military children
What Support is Available to IA Sailors and Families?
- Expeditionary Combat Readiness Center was established specifically to assist IA Sailors and their families. Get an ECR IA checkist (877)364-4302
- Handbooks for IA Sailors, IA Families and IA Commands provide basic information. Fleet and Family Support Center
- Both the parent command and receiving command are available to answer questions through the Command Ombudsman, and Command IA Coordinator.
- In addition, all the services available during any deployment are available including Fleet and Family Support Centers, Chaplains, American Red Cross, Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society, Military One Source, and more!
- "For all things IAMM/GSA/RC MOB"
- Deployment Health and Family Readiness Library
Helpful sites in preparation for tour: