COR IV is the first condition of heightened hurricane readiness.
Destructive force winds (50 mph) are forecasted within 72 hours.
Under COR IV, personnel should:
- Clear debris around house
- Secure loose equipment/boats
- Stock up on non-perishables
- Prepare the items on your Disaster Supplies checklist
- Review shelter locations/evacuation routes
- Ensure you have propane and fuel for vehicles
- Move valuables upstairs or store inside closets
- Have adequate CASH on hand
- Follow instructions from official sources only
- Notify family of your emergency plans
- Backup your hard drive.