The Naval Air Station Corpus Christi Police Department provides the air station with 24-hour service with a team comprised of military and civilian officers. Whether you are visiting our installation or assigned here, it’s our goal to provide a safe and secure environment to live, work, learn and train.
The police station is located in Building 104, on the corner of Lexington and D Avenues. If you have questions, feel free to stop by the front desk or call (361) 961-2282 /2082. If it’s an emergency, dial 911.
Visitor Information and Traffic Regulations
Main Gate (NAS Drive/Lexington Ave.): Open 24/7.
North Gate (Ocean Ave.): Open Monday – Friday, North gate is closed weekends and on federal holidays. Current hours are:
· 5 to 8 a.m. inbound traffic only.
· 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. the North Gate is secured.
· 2 to 5 p.m. open for two-way traffic.
(This is subject to change due to the gate being under construction)
All personnel and their vehicles entering Naval Air Station Corpus Christi are subject to inspection by Naval Security Force Personnel and/or Military Working Dogs.
Visitors in private vehicles are required to use the Main Gate entrance located on NAS Dr. Commercial vehicles without RAPIDGate® shall use the far right lane and make a right into the commercial vehicle inspection station (CVI). THOSE WITH RAPIDGATE® CREDENTIALS IN COMMERCIAL VEHICLES MAY USE THE MAIN GATE. Visitors should have their identification and driver's license readily available when entering the base to expedite entry and to assist security personnel in keeping the traffic flow moving. If stopped upon entry for an administrative inspection, follow the officer’s instructions.
Pass and Tag
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Closed Saturday-Sunday and Federal holidays
Contact numbers: (361) 961-2376/ 2396/ 1454
Pass and Tag is located in Building 1794 adjacent to the Naval Air Station Corpus Christi Main Gate. Vehicle registration is conducted during normal working hours. The following information is required for vehicle registration:
- Current proof of insurance.
- Valid driver's license.
- DoD identification card.
- Drivers of borrowed vehicles must present a notarized authorization letter from the vehicle's owner.
- Rental vehicles drivers must present a current rental agreement in the driver's name.
- Personnel residing in housing -- not on active duty or retired -- will be required to submit vehicle information to the base housing office. The housing office will conduct background checks and submit paperwork to Pass and ID for passes.
- At no time will general base access be granted to non-military affiliated personnel.
Note, base decals are no longer required or issued.
Seatbelts - Seatbelts are mandatory for all vehicle occupants while on base. Naval regulations mandate the use of seatbelts for all military personnel off base as well.
Cell Phones - The use of cell phones while driving on base is prohibited. Violators will be ticketed.
Radar Detectors - The operation of radar detectors and jammers on base is prohibited. Violators will be ticketed.
Motorcycles – Naval Air Station Corpus Christi regulations require the use of an approved D.O.T. helmet, proper outerwear, long sleeves, pants and boots to operate a motorcycle on base. Personnel assigned to Naval Air Station Corpus Christi are required to complete an approved Motorcycle Safety Course every 3 years before registering a motorcycle on base.
DUI - Security Personnel aggressively enforce DUI laws on base. Violators will be apprehended and their vehicle impounded.
Weapon Registration - All weapons will be registered at the NAS Police Station, Building 104. To register your weapon, you MUST …
· BE RESIDING ON BASE OR TAD TO THE BASE.
· Have the weapon unloaded with ammo separate.
· Have the weapon in a locked container or have a gun lock on the weapon.
· Declare to the main gate sentry that you need to register your weapon.
The Naval Air Station Corpus Christi Police Department aggressively enforces all traffic regulations on Federal property. If you receive a traffic ticket with a mandatory court appearance, you MUST appear in traffic court on the date specified on the citation. Failure to appear WILL result in the revocation of your base driving privileges. Additionally, military personnel could be subject to UCMJ action. If you are a civilian or are non-base affiliate and receive a Federal Magistrate citation, the Magistrate's Court will notify you of your court date. If you have questions regarding traffic citations, call 361-961-2282/ 361-961-2082.
- Military personnel must appear in the uniform of the day.
- Dependents must be accompanied by their sponsor.
Traffic court is located at building (252) located on First Street and D Ave.