Naval Air Station Jacksonville Logo Commander, Navy Region Southeast  |  Naval Air Station Jacksonville
Commander, Navy Installations Command
  Find Your Region or Installation

Barracks and Dorms

Unaccompanied housing (UH) at Naval Air Station (NAS) Jacksonville provides homes for approximately 1,600 Service Members in two buildings:

  • Building 822 provides permanent party billeting for eligible unaccompanied personnel.
  • Building 846 provides accommodations for personnel temporarily assigned duty under instruction to the station or to tenant commands. 

All unaccompanied personnel reporting to NAS Jacksonville, tenant commands and attached units must report to the UH Housing Service Center (HSC) front desk.  Our HSC personnel will determine and explain your eligibility and housing options.  Most personnel, E1-E3 and E4<4, will be required to live in UH.  More senior personnel may, under certain circumstances, be eligible to live in UH.

Resident advisors (RA) are senior personnel who provide an after-hours leadership presence in UH.  RAs sign a memorandum of understanding, agreeing to certain duties and responsibilities in exchange for a room in UH. The program is strictly voluntary and open to personnel in pay grades E5 to E9 (E4 with their commanding officer’s recommendation) including geographic bachelors (GB).  For more information about the RA program and to obtain an application, please contact the UH administrative office.

GBs are personnel ordered to Jacksonville who, by choice or circumstance, have decided that their dependents will continue to live in another geographic area.  GBs are receiving basic allowance for housing at the "with dependents rate."  They are not normally authorized to live in UH; however, we do have a limited number of spaces available for GBs.  GBs must submit an application that will be reviewed by the Assignment Review Board.  If approved, the GB will be placed on the waiting list and offered UH when it becomes available.  GBs may also apply to be RAs.  For more information about the GB program and to obtain an application, please contact the UH administrative office.

Share This Page