Family & Community Housing
Housing Service Center, Bldg 960
Naval Air Station
PO Box 33
Jacksonville, FL 32212-5000
Hours: Mon-Wed, Fri 0800-1700
DSN: 942-2996, Fax: 942-4253
Commercial: (904) 542-2996, Fax: (904) 542-4253
Unaccompanied Housing (UH)
P.O. Box 11, Building 822
Jacksonville, FL 32212-5000
Commercial: (904) 542-8195
HOMES.mil is a new official Department of Defense (DoD) website, dedicated to helping Service Members, families and DoD civilians find housing.
Contact the Housing Service Center (HSC) upon arrival for possible immediate assignment to family housing.
- Balfour Beatty Communities allows two pets per family in on-base housing. Some breed restrictions apply.
- Do not cancel current homeowners' or renters' insurance. Transfer coverage after you arrive.
- Short-term rentals are very few and very expensive. State laws require a minimum 7-month lease.
- Utility deposits are required for most rentals. Navy Federal Credit Union has deposit guarantee programs.
- Most rentals have a $200-$400 non refundable pet fee. A very limited number allow pets over 30 pounds and most have breed restrictions.
- Visit your closest Fleet and Family Support Center for information, then contact your new command for a Welcome Aboard Packet and sponsor.
- Storage for recreational vehicles is available through Morale, Welfare and Recreation.
- Yellow Water housing is assigned by the Naval Air Station (NAS) Jacksonville housing office.
- The Rental Partnership Program is now available for several off-base apartment complexes. Bring your orders and most current leave and earnings statement (LES).
- For more information on Balfour Beatty Communities please refer to their website http://www.nasjacksonvillehomes.com/
Estimated Wait Times for Family Housing (# of Months)
Average Community (Off-Base) Housing Costs - Rentals
Average Community (Off-Base) Housing Costs - Purchase
UH is conveniently located near the center of the base on Saratoga Street allowing immediate access to the main dining facility, chapel, gym and fitness center. It's just a short walk away from the Navy Exchange (NEX), commissary, McDonalds and the NEX food court. UH houses approximately 1,600 Service Members in two buildings. Building 822 provides permanent party billeting for eligible unaccompanied personnel while building 846 provides accommodations for personnel temporarily assigned duty under instruction to the station or to tenant commands. Accommodations are one or two persons to a room based on pay grade and square footage. Building 822 serves as the check-in point for both buildings and is manned 24 hours a day. Linen is provided for all check-ins.
As an added convenience to residents, there are lounges equipped with televisions, video games, Internet and vending machines. Additional advantages to living on-base for single Sailors include the following:
- Close to work.
- Centrally located.
- Off-street parking.
- Utility bills included.
- Free laundry facilities.
- Vending and recreational areas.
- Close to NEX, Commissary, Galley, gym and pool.
For additional information, you can write to: Bachelor Housing, Box 11, Naval Air Station, Jacksonville, FL 32212-5000, or telephone (904) 542-8195 / 8196, or fax (904) 542-8630. The DSN prefix is 942.