The Retired Activities Office NAS Jacksonville (RAO JAX) serves the needs of retired military members and their families throughout the NE Florida/SE Georgia area.
The RAO is located within the Fleet and Family Support Center (FFSC) spaces in Building 27, at 27 Ranger Street on NAS JAX. The office is manned Tuesday/Wednesday/ Thursday from 1000-1400, but a phone message can be left at any time: (904) 542-5790.
RAO personnel are trained to assist retirees and family members with a wide variety of issues, ranging from pay problems to questions about programs and benefits available to retired military families. Among the many issues the RAO can assist with are:
· Assistance in Preparing Claims
· Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)
· Claims for Unpaid Compensation
· Death Benefits and the process for reporting retiree deaths
· Dependency Indemnity Compensation (DIC)
· Government Life Insurance
· Education opportunities (GI Bill)
· Concurrent Receipt of VA/Retired Pay
· Combat Related Special Compensation (CRSC)
When the retiree’s problem is outside the scope of the RAO to handle, referrals are made to appropriate Federal/State/Local and/or private agencies.
RAO personnel are volunteers from within the retiree community, and include both retirees and family members who served in any branch of the military. More volunteers are always needed to fulfill the RAO mission of taking care of our own.
”Shipmates helping Shipmates”