Child Youth Programs (Located at the Child Development Center)
3320 Sesame St. Drive // (817) 782-7520
Child and Youth Program Philosophy: Providing a safe, natural, happy and secure environment where kids can be kids. Hiring and training a mature, caring and fun loving staff is the key element in helping us achieve this goal each summer. Providing a structured program for children that emphasizes a feeling of family, friendship and belonging that encourages active participation in a variety of experiences.
Action Zone Youth Programs
The Action Zone Summer Camp program is available for children from 6 – 12 years of age (5 years of age, upon the completion of kindergarten). Fees are based on total family income or household income. Registration requires copies of your LES and pay stubs from any other parent, spouse or person living in the home.
Spring, Thanksgiving and Christmas Breaks and Summer Camps – The Action Zone will take reservations beginning approximately 3 weeks prior.
- Hours are 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Camp activities include swimming, bowling, movies and field-trips.
- Breakfast, Lunch and an afternoon snack are included.
- Sign-up by the week, month or entire summer!
- Enrollment: parents/guardians should access https://militarychildcare.cnic.navy.mil/mcc-consumer/home/viewhome.action, then Create Account. Once an account has been created, the site can be searched for child care locations.
Child Development Center
The NAS Fort Worth JRB Child Development Center is located in Building 3190 and can be reached at (817) 782-5832. Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Programs Offered -- Programs available at the CDC include full day care, hourly or drop in care and a Preschool Program.
- Availability -- There is a waiting list for most programs. Contact the CDC for updated wait times.
- Costs -- Fees for care are based on total family income and are figured on a sliding scale. The military member's most current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) and spouses' current pay stubs are required to determine income.
- Home Care Providers needed! – Interested in providing childcare from your home? For more information call the CDC at (817) 782-7520.
- Openings in toddlers and preschool rooms. Visit https://militarychildcare.cnic.navy.mil/mcc-consumer/home/viewhome.action to get on the waitlist and someone will contact you. Call the CDC to schedule a tour of the facility.
- Hourly care available at for all eligible patrons from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily. $4/hour or portion of hour. A one-time registration packet needs to be completed. Reservations are encouraged and can be accepted up to 30 days in advance. Walk-ins are accommodated on a space available basis.
The NAS Fort Worth Child and Youth Program offers a variety of summer employment opportunities. Applicants must be 14-17 years of age. We are looking for individuals who want to spend their summer working with children in structured indoor and outdoor settings. Applications may be turned in at the CDC (Bldg 3320) or the MWR Administration Office located in the Base Fitness Center (Bldg 1810).