The Rental Partnership Program (RPP) is designed to provide active duty military personnel, enlisted and officer, single or married, with affordable off-base housing. This program is governed by a memorandum of understanding between the Landlord and Commander Naval Region Mid-Atlantic enabling military personnel to rent off-base housing at a reduced rate.
Application fees and credit check fees are waived under this program. The service member may be charged a security deposit, equal to one month’s rent, contingent upon the outcome of the resident’s selection criteria review. The landlord may deny renting to an RPP applicant based on prior negative rental references, when unrelated to financial issues. SUBASE Housing Office RPP properties will require applicants to meet income requirements. The military tenant must agree to participate in the allotment payment system for payment of rental cost. The landlord may make renter’s insurance and liability insurance mandatory for the military RPP applicant.
This program permits communities to voluntarily obligate one, two, three and four bedroom units for rent by military personnel. Units that are offered for the RPP are evaluated and qualified to meet the highest standards.
For additional information on this program please contact the Housing Service Center and ask for the RPP counselor.
RPP Applicant Overview
Some single E-5 and below service members are required to have an approved chit signed by their Commanding Officer and/or SUBASE NLON Commanding Officer to live off base and draw BAH.
Please speak to the RPP counselor for full details.
- The following documents need to be provided to the Housing Office to begin the RPP application process:
- Copy of orders to NAS or a tenant command showing a PRD of at least 6 months
- Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)
- Approved BAH chit for required personnel
- The member is counseled on RPP. The RPP application is processed, Statement of Understanding signed and Verification of Eligibility (VOE) letter issued to the member. The members’ eligibility amount is determined by the authorized BAH rate for their pay grade. BAH is to cover rent, utilities and renter’s insurance.
- Listing of available RPP rental properties will be printed for member.
- Member finds a rental and the original VOE letter is submitted to the Landlord. Member then reviews and signs the lease. The landlord fills out a Letter of Intent, which the member must return to the Housing Office with a copy of the signed lease.
- RPP counselor will assist the member in processing the Military Assistance Company (MAC) document to authorize and initiate the allotment (member will need their pin number for the “My Pay” website). Allotment total will include rent amount plus a $3.00 monthly fee to cover MAC administrative costs. Until the allotment starts, the service member is responsible for making payment to the landlord by certified funds.
For additional information on this program please contact the Housing Service Center and ask to speak to one of the RPP counselors.