Below is the link to the Department of the Navy (DON) Office of Equal Employment Opportunity (OEEO) Factsheet titled "The Standard Form 256 & Targeted Disabilities."
As part of the effort to increase employment for Individuals with Disabilities (IWD) and Individuals with Targeted Disabilities (IWTD), DON highly encourage employees to self-identify as having a disability or targeted disability. The Fact Sheet addresses the following:
- Describes the DON's 2 percent goal for employing IWTDs
- Defines "targeted disabilities" relative to the Standard Form 256 (SF-256)
- Explains the purpose and importance of the SF-256
- Answers FAQs about self-identification of a disability
- Lists instructions on how to update your disability code via MyBiz
- Provides resources for obtaining additional information pertaining to the SF-256 and targeted disabilities