Naval Air Station Meridian Logo Commander, Navy Region Southeast  |  Naval Air Station Meridian
Commander, Navy Installations Command
  Find Your Region or Installation

Housing for Unaccompanied Personnel

Unaccompanied personnel reporting to Meridian have a number of excellent on base Housing choices.

Bachelor Housing (BH) is conveniently located near the center of the base on Higley Road allowing immediate access to the main dining facility, chapel, gym, and fitness center. It's just a short walk away from the Navy Exchange, commissary, and Subway. The BH houses approximately 1300 service members in three buildings areas: Building 208 provides permanent party billeting for eligible unaccompanied personnel while NTTC and MATSS buildings provides accommodations for personnel temporarily assigned duty under instruction to the station or to tenant commands. Accommodations are one or two persons to a room based on pay grade and square footage. Building 208 serves as the check-in for permanent party and is manned from 0730 to 1530. Linen is provided at check-in.

As an added convenience to residents, there is lounge equipped with furniture, a television and vending machines and a kitchen.

There are many advantages to living on base for Single Sailors:

  • Safe
  • Secure
  • Close to work
  • Centrally located
  • Off Street parking
  • Utility bills included
  • Free laundry facilities
  • Vending / Recreational Area
  • Close to NEX, Commissary, Galley, Gym & Pool


The Housing Service Center stands ready to assist you in determining your eligibility and options and in locating acceptable housing. Depending on your assignment status (shore duty, sea duty, student, etc.) and pay grade, your options may include Navy Unaccompanied Housing (UH), dormitories, housing in the local community.

In general, sea and shore duty personnel in pay grades E1-E3 and E4 (with less than four years’ service) can expect to reside in permanent party UH.. Based on local conditions 50 to 75 percent of E4 with more than four years of service will be housed in UH. Students will reside in one of our student dormitories. More senior personnel are expected to reside in the local community or PPV Housing.

UH and dormitories are government-owned and managed housing. The only utilities you pay are cable TV, and Internet – if you want them. In return, your Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) will stop. For more information on moving into UH or dormitories, go to Barracks/Dorms.

The local community offers a full range of housing options for rent or for purchase. Be sure to check in with us at the Housing Service Center for all of the latest information, listings and assistance. We can provide valuable information to help protect you and guide you on what to look for in rental housing, leases and on avoiding discrimination in housing. We work closely with landlords and property managers in the community.

Share This Page