…NAS Pensacola’s Recycle Center is open Mon - Fri: 7 a.m.- 3 p.m. and drop-off locations are available 24 hours, 7 days a week?
…recycling conserves our valuable natural resources?
…recycling saves energy?
…recycling preserves clean air and clean water?
…recycling saves money and creates jobs?
…Americans use 4 million plastic bottles every hour?
…Americans toss 22,000,000,000 billion empty plastic bottles in the trash every year? There are a few simple ways to ease out of the water bottle habit:
- Fill up a reusable plastic bottle or stainless steel, made in a variety of styles and colors.
- Think about the money you will save and the benefit to the environment of keeping your weekly water bottle consumption out of the landfill.
- If you do find yourself grabbing a bottled beverage, be sure to recycle!
…recycling a one-gallon plastic milk jug will save enough energy to keep a 100-watt bulb burning for 11 hours?
... recycling a one-foot high stack of newspapers saves enough electricity to heat a home for 17 hours.
…paper made from recycled paper uses 70% less energy?
…the average U.S. office worker goes through 10,000 sheets of copy paper a year.
- Make it a habit to print on both sides.
- Avoid color printing and print in draft mode whenever feasible.
…recycling a soda can uses 95% less energy of manufacturing a new can?
…we use over 80 billion aluminum soda cans every year?
…recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to run your TV for three hours?
For more information:
Office of the Federal Environmental Executive
Contact NASP’s Recycle Center, 452-2028 for more information or to request an office pick-up.