Gate Hours & Information
(Junction of Kings Bay Road and Spur 40)
- MON to THU: 5 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- FRI: 5 a.m. (remains open 24 hours throughout the weekend)
Stimson Gate Pass & ID Office
- MON to THU: 7a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
- FRI: Closed
- SAT & SUN: Closed
- HOLIDAYS: Closed
(1) Military (active and retired) and authorized civilians must apply for vehicle passes and/or register vehicles at the Stimson Gate Pass and ID office during normal working hours.
(2) Authorized patrons will be issued temporary passes by sentry at Franklin gate whenever Pass & ID office is closed.
(Junction of Spur 40 and St. Mary's Road, next to submarine memorial)
- MON to THU: 24 hours (opens Monday at 5 a.m.)
- FRI: 5 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- SAT, SUN, Holidays: Closed
Franklin Gate Pass & ID Office
- MON to FRI: 6 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- SAT, SUN & HOLIDAYS: CLOSED
(1) Contractor and business passes are issued at the Franklin gate Pass & ID during normal hours of operation.
(2) All business deliveries must be made to this gate Monday to Friday.
St. Marys Gate
(Point Peter Road)
Closed until futher notice.
The Stimson, Franklin, and Madison gates are not open to the public. Only people with military ID, official badges, or otherwise officially credentialed and/or escorted will be permitted entry to the base. The Jackson Gate is the public access gate to the golf course and family housing.
- Open 24/7
(Located between the housing area and main base)
- Open 24/7
Guidelines While Entering and Aboard the Base:
- Ensure Safety is your Number One Priority at all times!
- Gate hours may change at any time for safety, security, or other reasons, and they may also close for short or long durations at any time.
- Immediately follow instructions and commands of security officials.
- Seat belts and approved child restraint devises are required to be used by all occupants.
- Please obey posted speed limits and come to a full stop at red lights (right turn on red permitted after stop unless otherwise posted) and stop signs.
- All vehicles must be properly insured and registered.
- Driver must posses a valid U.S. driver's license and passengers must possess a valid photo ID.
- Weapons and contraband are always prohibited aboard the base.
- All vehicles should safely yield to emergency vehicles.
- Be aware of joggers, pedestrians, and bicyclists, especially during dusk and darkness, and safely yield.
- Entry to the base constitutes permission for authorized security personnel to search vehicle and occupants at any time.
- Cell phone use - except for hands-free devises - is prohibited while driving a vehicle on the base.
- Please, never drink alcohol and drive and do not allow anyone to drink and drive. If you drink, use a designated driver! If you find yourself in a situation where you have been drinking and you do not have a designated driver, contact your command duty office, chain of command, or other sober and competent person to assist you. Remember: Over the limit, under arrest.