Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay Logo Commander, Navy Region Southeast  |  Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay
Commander, Navy Installations Command
  Find Your Region or Installation

Barracks and Dorms

Upon assignment to UH, the Building Manager will schedule a time for your UH indoctrination and joint assignment inspection. All of our rooms are assigned in a clean, well-maintained state and are fully furnished. The purpose of the joint inspection is to document the status of the room and furnishings at the time of check-in. During your stay, it is your responsibility to promptly report all maintenance problems and required repairs. When you check-out, you will conduct a joint termination inspection with the Building Manager to document the status at check-out. Your Building Manager will explain the process during indoctrination.


We have a number of rules and regulations designed to keep the UH community a safe and comfortable place for all residents. You will be provided a copy of Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay Instruction 11103.1R during indoctrination, which explains all of the rules and regulations for the operation of UH. We try to keep the rules as reasonable and unobtrusive as possible and expect everyone to abide by them.

NSB Kings Bay has a full complement of recreational, fitness, dining, religious, and educational and other amenities. Most are located within walking distance of UH.

Resident Advisors (RA) are senior personnel who provide an after-hours leadership presence in UH. RAs sign a memorandum of understanding, agreeing to certain duties and responsibilities in exchange for a room in UH. The program is strictly voluntary and open to personnel in pay grades E5 to E9 (E4 with their Commanding Officer’s recommendation) including Geographic Bachelors. For more information about the RA program and to obtain an application, please contact the UH Administrative Office at or call 912-573-3112.

Geographic Bachelors (GB) are personnel ordered to [Installation name] who, by choice or circumstance, have decided that their dependents will continue to live in another geographic area. GBs are receiving BAH at the with dependents rate. They are not normally authorized to live in UH, however, we do have a limited number of spaces available for GBs. GBs must submit an application that will be reviewed by the Assignment Review Board. If approved, the GB will be placed on the waiting list and offered UH when it becomes available. GBs may also apply to be RAs. For more information about the GB program and to obtain an application, please contact the UH Administrative Office at or call 912-573-3112.

Share This Page