The Fleet and Family Support Center (FFSC) offers a variety of Deployment Support Programs to assist Commands, Service Members and their families to prepare for mission readiness and successfully manage the challenges associated with Pre, Mid and Post Deployment.
FFSC provides Pre, Mid and Post Deployment support by:
- Providing briefs regarding programs and services at various venues such as Pre-Deployment Night, and Family Readiness Group meetings. Offering one-on-one briefs for all IAs and their family members. These briefs can be tailored to meet your Command needs.
- Providing Mid-Deployment support to the families with classes such as "Handling Deployment and Reunion", "Stress Management" and "Returning to Children".
- Providing support to the Commands with Command Return and Reunion Training and IA Return and Reintegration support. These training topics ensure that Service Members transition smoother from deployment to reintegration.
- Providing Post-deployment support in coordination with Chaplains Religious Enrichment Development Operation (CREDO) for couples through "Reconnect: A One Day Marriage Enrichment Workshop".
- Offering the United Through Reading Program. Service members are able to come into the FFSC to record their child's favorite book. This keeps the deployed Service Member a part of the child's daily routine while promoting the love of reading. FFSC Kings Bay is an official United Through Reading site.
- Providing briefs specific to the Command's needs as well as the needs of the families, through the Family Readiness Group. The Command Representative at FFSC can provide information to schedule briefs, workshops and trainings.
These Pre, Mid and Post Deployment Programs enhance the quality of life for Service Members and their families.
Contact us at (912) 573-4513